Laguna Lace Agate: The mesmemrizing gemstone that brings smile and happiness to your life
Laguna lace agate gemstone is a beautiful stone distinguished by its amazing patterns and striking colors. The stone derives its name from its origin which is Laguna Agate Mine located in Chihuahua, Mexico. Laguna Lace Agate generally sports beautifully complex banding patterns in a variety of colors like white, brown, gray, red, and occasionally blue. The unique arrangement of color presents an interesting contrasting effect. Stone’s swirling bands and translucent layers form a mesmerizing visual effect thus making it a perfect stone for creating jewelry pieces. The stone is also associated with several metaphysical properties that help us to lead a happy and prosperous life.
Laguna Lace Agate sports prominent banding patterns as multiple distinct layers within it. These bands vary greatly in shades and thicknesses which offer the stone an interesting look. These bands can be visually compared to botswana agate which is another stone with banded patterns. The stone measures between 6.5 and 7 on the Mohs scale.
Some of the common shades of the stone are gray, white, and brown, along with vivid hues like red. It is the interplay of pastel and vivid shades that gives the stone a distinct appeal. The laguna lace agate has translucent clarity which means that the light can pass through the stone to some degree.
Laguna Lace agate possesses an impressive metaphysical profile and helps the wearer to grow in wealth, health, prosperity, and spirituality. Here are a few laguna lace agate’s healing properties that deserve special mention:
- Emotional benefits: As a calming stone Laguna lace makes a person practical enough to save them from the effects of fluctuating emotions. The stone is widely used by creative people as it helps in stimulating creativity.
- Physical Benefits: On the physical level, the stone is believed to increase motor skills and allows a person to remain agile the whole day long. The stone also helps in making the body capable of fighting various types of diseases.
- Spiritual benefits: On the spiritual level the stone helps IN making one feel grounded and balanced in their approaches. The stone helps a person to uncover the mysteries of nature and expand their aura to receive divine spiration.
Real vs fake
Just like other stones, it is important to take extreme care while buying Laguna Lace agate to save yourself from being cheated.:
- Real Laguna Lace Agate sports complex banding patterns in flowing format and a variety of colors like gray, and brown. Red, and white. You can also observe a natural inconsistency in the patterns. If the patterns seem to be artificially consistent then it is probably a fake stone.
- The real Laguna lace has a smooth texture and is translucent n which means the light can pass through the stone to some extent. If your stone is fully opaque then it might possible be a fake stone
- Carefully check the market for the price of lace agate. If the vendor tries to sell you the stone at unbelievably low prices then it might be a fake stone.
- One of the best ways to check the authority of any stone is to go for expert opinion from well-certified professional gemstone evaluations. You can take the stone to such evaluators and ask for their expert opinion.
- It is also important to ask the vendor to present you with a certificate of authenticity. If your vendor is not able to provide you with the authenticity certificate then it might be a fake stone.
Care and cleaning
To keep the beauty and durability of the stone intact you need to be very careful while storing and cleaning your stone. Here are a few guidelines that you may like to follow:
- Be careful while handling the jewelry as rough handling can result in chipping or scratching.
- Harsh chemicals can damage the surface of the stone, cause discoloration or interfere with its radial beauty and looks in different ways. So it is important to keep your stone away from materials that use such chemicals as bleach. Deodorant etc.
- For cleaning the stone you can use mild soap and water. For best results, you can shake the stone very well in the water until it forms a foamy mixture. Use it to wipe away any dust or other particles from the stone.
- Avoid any type of abrasive material to remove the stubborn stain. Techniques like brisk scrubbing can result In the chipping of the stone.
- Keep your stone away from other stones for jewelry to avoid abrasion. You can keep them in a separate pouch before storing the stone. You can also keep the stone in a fabric-lined jewelry box.
- Make sure that the stone is stored in a place that is well-guarded form eths light, It should be a dry and humid free place
- Prolonged exposure to the sun can cause damage to the stone so avoid wearing it when going outside for long hours
- Avoid wearing the stone when you engage in chores that may impact, scrubbing, etc, like doing dishes or laundry
- It is advisable not to wear the stone when you are about to begin demanding activities that may result in sweating like workouts or jogging as the perspiration can result in discoloration
As the name suggests this agate is mainly found in Laguna Agate Mine, in the Chihuahua region of Mexico. This mine is found in the Sierra del Alamo mountain range near Ojo Laguna town.
Laguna lace agate stone is used in diverse areas and for various purposes. The stone is widely used in creating gemstone jewelry due to its striking colors and intricate patterns. The Laguna Lace agate crystals are used by spiritual healers to remove physical, emotional, and spiritual barriers. The stone is also said to heal the disturbed chakras. In some places, the Laguna lace agate is also used as a part of feng shui where the homeowners employ crystal as a part of their interior décor.
Laguna Lace Agate, sometimes also referred as mexican laguna lace agate is famous for its exquisite appeal, metaphysical properties, and striking colors. The stone is exclusively mined from Laguna Agate mine which makes it join the ranks of rare gemstones. It is highly prized by jewelry lovers, crystal healers, and gemstone collectors. The stone’s popularity has increased its demand as well as positively impacted its commercial value. That is why the stone also enjoys a fast-increasing popularity among retail and wholesale suppliers of crystal and gemstones.
1. What is the best crystal combination for Laguna Lace Agate?
As an Agate stone, the best crystal combination for Laguna lace agate includes Opal, Onyx, Carnelian, Amethyst, and lake superior agate gemstone.
2. What is the meaning of Laguna Lace Agate?
Laguna Lace agate’s meaning can be traced to its origins. The stone is sourced from Laguna Lace Mines in Mexico and is hence named after its source.
3. What are the different popular cuts of Laguna Lace agate?
Laguna Lace agate is available in several cuts like pear cut, faceted stones, beads, and tumbled stone. You can also find laguna lace agate cabochon for sale in good quantity as it is one of the famous cuts that bring the beauty of the stone to its fullest.
4. What are the key advantages of wearing Laguna Lace Agate?
Laguna Lace Agate makes a person more optimistic and helps their body to remain fit and healthy. The stone is also said to ward off negative vibes and helps the body ward off diseases more effectively. In the spiritual sense, the stone helps in making one more introspective and developing positive qualities. It also helps in making one more empathetic to others.
5. Is Laguna Lace Agate a birthstone?
Laguna Lace agate is believed to be the birthstone for people born between 21st May and June 20, the ones belonging to the zodiac sign of Gemini