Solar Agate: Bring the beauty and blessings of sunshine in your life
Solar agate is an agate variety distinguished by its sun-like vibrant shimmer along with vivid banded patterns in red, orange, and brown shades. The stone is also believed to possess powerful metaphysical properties to help wearers lead a prosperous and happy life. The stone is found in different regions of the world but some specific regions are believed to produce high-quality solar agate stones. The beauty, versatility, and benefits of the stone make it equally famous among jewelry shoppers, crystal healers, and retail and wholesale crystal and stone suppliers across different countries of the world.
Just like its bright looks the stone is said to bless the wearer with several benefits to help them grow in different spheres of their lives. Here are solar agate’s healing properties that are worth mentioning:
- Physical benefits: Solar agate helps the body to revitalize and gives the required energy levels to recuperate faster and enjoy robust health for longer. The stone combats lethargy and motivates one to lead an active life
- Emotional benefits: Solar agate is said to be the harbinger of warmth and light. The stone increases optimism, uplifts the mood, and deeply induces a sense of well-being. In that capacity, solar agate benefits people struggling with depression or low esteem.
- Spiritual benefits: As a grounding stone solar agate gemstone benefits the spiritual seekers by calming their minds. It helps them by making them go deeper into the meditation. By calming the mind the stone helps one to enter into a deep meditation process.
Solar agate has a warm rich color that closely resembles the sun. The stone generally displays yellow, brown, red, and orange shades. The overall personality and visual impression of the stone are comparable to fire agate, another stone with fiery patterns and iridescent colors. The colors’ intensity generally varies. It also has complex patterns that may either be irregular or sport more symmetrical banding patterns. As a translucent stone, the solar agate allows some degree of light to pass through it. The stone is available in multiple cuts like a teardrop, round or oval. You can also find solar agate cabochons for sale.
Real vs fake
Many stone sellers may decide to sell you the fake stone at the price of the new one. Here are a few ways to confirm the stone’s authenticity:
- Always select a trusted brand for buying solar agate. Wheerthyo you need to buy in retail for your personal use or need to purchase solar agate in bulk to start your gemstone business, it is important to thoroughly vet the credentials of the seller before buying the stones. You can check online review sites or visit the gemstone forums to discuss with other members who can guide you with their experience.
- Just like other gemstones the solar agate’s prices are expensive. If your seller tries to sell you stone for much less than the conventional prices then it is probably a fake stone.
- The real solar agate stone has color variations and the natural inclusions formed over a long period during which the stone is exposed to different types of natural changes. So if your stone lacks these characteristics and shows an unnecessary consistency in the color then it is probably a fake stone
- Solar agates are famous for and known for their vibrant colors including yellow, red, orange, and brown along with banding patterns. If your stone does show such hues or patterns then it might be a fake stone
- If you observe the unnatural opacity in the stone or artificially boosted sheen then it might be a fake stone.
- If you are not able to decide the authenticity of the stone based on the above-mentioned tips then it would be a good option to go and consult with the experts and qualified gemologist.
Care and cleaning
Solar agate needs special care while cleaning and storing to keep them safe from any type of damage, discoloration, etc. So here are a care and cleaning guidelines for solar agate:
- Solar agate is intolerant to different chemicals. So it is advised to keep your stone away from bleach, acids, and other types of material that are rich in chemicals.
- For cleaning the stoen add some drop of mild dishwashing soap to the water and blend it well to generate some foam. Now use the solution to wipe away any type of suit or particle soap from your stone.
- Make sure that you rinse the soap very well. For that, you can wash it at; least twice under warm water
- Never use abrasive materials as they can result in scratches
- Never return the stone to storage while it is still wet. Careful pat dries it with a clean cotton cloth.
- Store the solar agate inside a separate jewelry pouch or a fabric-lined jewelry box. Make sure to store it in a place that is well-protected from humidity moisture and direct sunlight
- Extreme temperatures and sudden fluctuations can adversely affect the stone. So it is advisable to remove the stone when going to a place with such temperature variations
- Never use extreme cleaning methods like ultra cleaning as it can damage the stone. Instead, you can hire professional gemstone cleaners who have the right equipment and expertise to safely remove stubborn stains from your clothes.
Solar agate is extensively used to treat different types of jewelry like earrings, rings, and bracelets. The stone is also; used as a healing crystal and is used by spiritual healers and energy workers to help their clients get rid of the physical, emotional, and spiritual issues in their lives.
Solar agates are available in multiple locations in the world. However, the stone from specific locations is said to be of higher quality. Especially Mexico, Uruguay, and Madagascar is considered the top producer of solar agate.
Solar agate is an amazing agate variety famous for vibrant colors, distinct patterns, and mysterious visual effects when seen under light. The stone is also respected for its foys/ in terms of spiritual healing. Solar agate stone benefits in several ways to lead a prosperous life and grow in different areas. Just like Solar Quartz Shiva Eye the solar agate is also considered to help ward away the negative vibes from the aura. The extensive popularity and powers of the stone make it equally popular among retail and wholesale suppliers of crystals and gemstones. You may either buy the stone from your local gemstone market or buy Solar Agate online from any reputed digital seller.
1. How does solar agate get its colors?
The solar agate's colors are produced by the mineral inclusions present in it like iron oxides. The specific colors and patterns can vary between individual stones.
2. What is the meaning of solar agate?
solar agate’s meaning in the literal sense is the stone that resembles the sun. The stone gets this name due to its bright appearance and unique blend of colors that remind one of the sunshine.
3. Can solar agate be used in jewelry?
Yes, solar agate is commonly used in jewelry. It is often cut and polished into cabochons, beads, or other shapes for use in necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. Solar agate's vibrant colors and unique patterns make it an attractive choice for jewelry designs.
4. How do I care for solar agate jewelry?
To care for solar agate jewelry, it's best to avoid exposure to harsh chemicals. Clean it gently using mild soap and warm water, and avoid using abrasive materials. Rinse the stone thoroughly and dry it with a soft cloth. Store solar agate jewelry in a soft pouch or a separate compartment to protect it from scratches and damage.
5. Is solar agate rare?
Not all types of solar agate are rare. Some unique specimens with distinct patterns are available only at selected locations and hence they can be categorized as rare specimens of solar agate. That said, the average quality of solar agate is available across different locations in the world.
6. Can solar agate change color over time?
Extended exposure to sunlight or not taking proper care of the stone can expose the stone to impact that can affect its colors and can cause discoloration or fading. However, if you take proper care of the stone and keep it safe from chemicals and excessive sunlight then its original hues stay intact for a long period.